Aslan Medical Clinic
In 2011, Aslan contracted with Hospitals of Hope (HOH) in Wichita, Kansas to build a modern medical facility. We shipped the completed structure to Haiti in late 2011, and after a 2-year battle to clear Haitian customs we assembled the 960 square foot building on Aslan’s property in L’Acajou in 2014. It is now a vibrant clinic serving the medical needs of impoverished families.
Our clinic is air conditioned throughout and contains:
- Two examination rooms
- A laboratory
- A dental room with X-ray equipment
- A small pharmacy
- Two bathrooms
- A kitchen and break room
- A diesel generator to provide power and clean water to the building.
Under the supervision of Aslan’s American medical director, our Clinic of Hope (Klinik Nan Espwa) is staffed by Alix Charles, MD; Chiloue Oreste, RN; Chardele Luma, Lab Tech; and Gentilia Louis, Pharmacist.
We are always looking for new ways to improve our services to the hundreds of children and families we serve. We are currently seeking $40,000 in funding for:
- Putting a much needed roof on the clinic;
- Beautifying the outside walls of the clinic;
- Building a portico and sidewalks around the clinic to shelter our many patients from the sun, wind, mud & rain;
- Purchasing needed equipment to better serve our patients; including a portable X-Ray machine and a sonogram machine.
We are always looking for new ways to improve our services to the hundreds of children & families we serve. We are currently raising funding to build a sterile surgical suite so we can bring American doctors to Haiti to perform much-needed surgeries. The suite will include a post-surgery recovery unit.